Read these 6 Expedition Cruising Trips Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Adventure Travel tips and hundreds of other topics.
If you are looking for the very, least expensive time to take an expedition cruise, then consider sailing between the end of August and before Christmas, but not over Christmas or Thanksgiving.
* Most families have children that are back to school
* Folks begin saving vacation time
* Everyone's saving money for the holiday season.
Considering all of these factors, expect adventure cruise prices that are better than 2-for-1 with reduced rates for 3rd and 4th passengers.
If you are into expedition cruising, here is a great tip!
* A fly/cruise or an air/sea cruise vacation package includes either free or specially-reduced airfare along with your adventure cruise ticket. These convenient money-saving options are available from most major North American cities. Some include ground transfers between the airport and ship as well as baggage handling.
To complement the spirit of discovery that cruising expeditions evoke, many cruises feature programs of on-board enrichment seminars hosted by distinguished guest experts.
In addition to lectures highlighting the history and sights of ports your cruise ship will be visiting, there may also be special in-depth presentations ranging from Renaissance art and strategic financial planning to epicurean secrets of classic French cuisine.
Find an expedition cruise that caters to your interests and your adventure travel will do more than elevate your heartrate - it will teach you something too!
Motion discomfort is very rare on today's adventure cruises. The reasons for this are many:
* Popular cruise itineraries boast some of the calmest waters in the world.
* Stabilizers are installed on most modern cruise ships
* Cruise boats have advanced availability of accurate weather information
* A myriad of effective preventative medications have largely eliminated the incidence of motion discomfort.
So don't let your sea sickness keep you from your adventure cruise. Find an exciting destination that will fullfill your thirst for adventure and enjoy your cruise expedition.
More and more expedition cruise vacations are booked by families with children.
Most cruise vacation lines provide plenty of supervised activities for youngsters, especially during school holidays. If your children enjoy swimming, sports, games, movies, and the adventure of new places, they'll love a family cruise expedition.
You'll find that most children adapt to shipboard life with ease, and you won't have to wonder what they're up to every minute. The youth counsellers will help keep them busy and entertained. Ships even offer youth camps that cater to all ages, from toddlers to teens. Best of all, children generally travel at a substantially reduced rate.
Anytime is the best time for cruising. Certain times of the year are better for certain destinations:
* A Caribbean cruise is fantastic year round; however, watch our for hurricane season.
* You can only cruise to Alaska between May and September;
* You can only take a cruise to Europe between April and November;
* Cruises to Bermuda, run between April and October;
* An expedition cruise to the Panama Canal will operate between September and April.
No matter what time of year it is, there are excellent cruise destinations available. Choose your location and your adventure cruise and have a great time!