A few safety and preparation tips before you launch on your canoe adventure travel vacation:
1. Before you go canoeing check with your physician to make sure you are healthy enough to paddle a canoe.
2. Make sure you know how to swim. Learn to swim both underwater and in moving water.
3. When you´re out in the wilderness on your canoeing trip, wear shoes.
4. If you wear eyeglasses or sunglasses, make sure you have a strap or cord to keep them from getting lost if you go in the water.
5. Wear a hat for protection from the sun, and carry a jacket in case it cools off.
6. If you take perscriptions medication, bring it with you.
Remember the boy scout motto - be prepared. Adventure travel is fun because of the risk and the remoteness of the locations you can access. If something goes wrong, you might have to wait several hours before help arrives.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.