January 12, 2007, Newsletter Issue #47: What To Do When You're In Trouble Abroad

Tip of the Week

Here's an international travel tip.

* If you are a US citizen and find yourself in a jam overseas, you have options. The Office of American Services and Crisis Management (ACS) exists to serve Americans traveling or residing abroad. ACS supports the work of US overseas embassies and consulates by providing emergency services to Americans in cases of arrest, death, crime victimization, repatriation, medical evacuation, temporary financial assisance, and welfare-and-whereabouts cases. They also operate 24-hour Duty Officer Programs and Crisis Response Teams who work on task forces convened to deal with natural or man-made disasters.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Adventure Travel Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Kelley Diekman