Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Health and First Aid and other Adventure Travel topics.
Keeping a first aid kit in your car, luggage, boat, or home is always a good idea in case of a minor medical emergency. Regardless of the situation, there are some basic essentials that should prepare you for most accidents or illnesses.
· Addresses and phone numbers to local hospitals
· Medicine for upset stomach or diarrhea.
· Cough and cold medicines
· Pain medicine, ibuprofen for anti-swelling
· Antihistamines for allergies
· Nasal decongestants
· Antibiotic ointment
· Lip balm
· Hydrocortisone cream
· Motion sickness medicine
· Antiseptic wipes
· Electrolyte packs
· Mole skin for blisters
· Insect repellent
· Anti-malarial medicines (depending on where you go)
· Urinary tract infections meds
· Throat Lozenges
· Prescription Medicines